Vision and Values
Explore, fulfil and flourish
Founded with the vision of the ‘love I bear learning’, we realise Joyce Frankland’s original purpose through our values. We also recognise her wider vision, that students and staff would be ‘good members of the Common Wealth’ ensuring that all members of the community flourish.
At Joyce Frankland Academy, Newport, we believe that the qualities expressed by ‘The 4 I’s’, are essential to establish life long learning.
- Independence – The ability to be self-reliant, self-confident, resilient and show initiative.
- Imagination – The ability to be creative and inventive.
- Inquisitiveness – The desire to be curious and interested.
- Insight – The ability to look beyond the obvious and treat others with empathy and understanding.
Academy goals (2018-19)
- All members of the Academy will make every effort to ensure that all students will achieve, or improve upon, their attainment 8 target at the end of key stage 4.
- All members of the Academy will make every effort to ensure that students are appropriately challenged at key stage 3 and inspired to love learning.
- All members of the Academy will work towards developing the growth and success of the sixth form.
- All members of the Academy will contribute and take responsibility for creating a respectful, positive and supportive learning community.
- All members of the Academy will take responsibility to ensure that all communications are timely, effective and considerate.
- Leadership will make every effort to ensure financial stability and sustainbilitiy in order to support educational outcomes.