Planned Leave of Absence
Taking your child out of school during term time could be detrimental to your child's educational progress.
Parents should NOT take their children on holiday in term time. There is no automatic legal right to do so. A fine of £120 per parent will be issued by the Education Welfare Service if a child is taken out of school for a holiday during term time.
Parents may request permission for Planned Leave of Absence for the following events:
· Participation in External Sporting Events
· Participation in External music/drama/dance events
· External examinations for music, drama, dance etc.
· Graduation for older siblings
· Funerals (although, we appreciate this may be at short notice)
· Hospital appointment (other than dental, doctor or orthodontic appointments) – please to ensure that all such appointments are booked outside of school time wherever possible
· Religious ceremonies
· Weddings of parents
· Other exceptional circumstances.
All planned absences should be authorised by the Academy in advance. To request a child’s absence, please complete a planned absence request form and hand it in to Student Reception for authorisation. Please note, a child’s absence from school is subject to the Principal’s approval and may not be granted if a child’s attendance is of concern.
To download the planned absence request form, please click here.