Behaviour for Learning
Excellent behaviour is achieved through well planned, engaging lessons that take account of individual student needs. Joyce Frankland Academy, Newport values a culture of mutual respect and individual responsibility where all members of the Academy demonstrate these values through their behaviour.
We ask students to:
- Be ready and prepared to learn,
- Be responsible for their own actions and are personally accountable,
- Know and follow the Academy rules,
- Treat all others with respect,
- Inform an appropriate member of staff if they are aware of any wrong doing.
We ask parents to:
- Support the Academy’s rules and sanctions,
- Contact the relevant member of staff when you have a concern,
- Accept that the Academy has to base its response on ‘most likely’ cases supported by evidence,
- Understand that your child’s opinion is of equal worth to any others and may not be believed.